Yvonne Volny Brown
Technology marketing analysis, strategy, planning and execution
A strategic thinker who rolls up her sleeves to execute creatively, effectively and efficiently, Yvonne offers an unusual blend of analysis, strategy, branding, communications, operational and prospecting capabilities. Yvonne’s talent is to identify issues and opportunities that affect growth and then develop targeted strategies, brands, messages, materials, products and programs to generate revenue.
Successful at creating strategies to steer organizations into new markets and stimulate existing markets, Yvonne has a proven ability to understand market direction, segment customers, identify new business opportunities and outline product requirements. Resourceful and versatile, she is skilled at developing differentiated value propositions, brand strategies and programs that increase organizational awareness and market share.
25 years’ experience in global technology marketing
- President, Volny Consulting, since 2001.
- Vice President of Marketing, Comverse, Inc., a $1B provider of software and systems for billing, customer management, value added services and mobile Internet for telecom operators.
- Director of Marketing at Staffware, a fast growth London-based CRM workflow-software company.
- Strategic Marketing, Product Marketing and Program Management at PictureTel during the years of its impressive growth in the videoconference space; responsible for strategic planning, market research, product marketing and programs.
- Consulting Manager with Abt Associations in the telecom and banking practice, and consulting contracts with Arthur D. Little and The MAC Group.
- Consultant at Brooks International: reengineered operational procedures to achieve major cost reductions through improved resource utilization.
- Born and raised in Uruguay. Citizen of the United States, Uruguay and Great Britain.
- Fluent in English, Spanish and French, conversational in Portuguese.
- MBA, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, USA. Semester Abroad, Institute Supérieur des Affaires (ISA), Jouy-en-Josas, France.
- BA, Bryn Mawr College, Pennsylvania, USA.
- International Baccalaureate, The British Schools, Montevideo, Uruguay.